Monday, October 13, 2014

Fiction Book Series # 2 {Froggy}

As you may know, I love using literacy during my speech-language therapy lessons like most SLPs. I have many students who have speech objectives to verbally retell stories and answer literal/inferential questions from fiction text. 

My younger elementary school aged students enjoy the Froggy series books by Jonathan London. The stories are engaging and the illustrations are great too!

The majority of these books are at a 2nd grade reading level. During speech-language sessions, I read aloud these stories with my students in grades K-3.  The majority of my students with language impairment also have a language based learning disability and are reading below grade level. However, their listening comprehension skills are usually higher. 

Here are four of the books from the Froggy series that I used within the last few weeks. 



What are some series that your students or children enjoy? Follow the blog for more posts about other fiction book series.  

Tamara 




No comments:

Post a Comment