Wednesday, February 26, 2014

Categorization Bundle Activities # 1 and # 2

Here is a preview of activity # 1 and activity # 2 in the English/Language Arts Categorization Bundle. It includes vocabulary sorting activities for students in grades 1-2 and grades 3-5. 




There are 8 categories of terms for students to practice in grades 1-2. I typically give them 4 categories first: compound words, homophones, punctuation marks, and prepositions. I put the blank matching sheets on the table. Then, I instruct students to sort the terms into the corresponding groups and take baseline or pre-assessment data of their accuracy. I later teach a mini-lesson about those 4 categories of words and then give the students time to practice classifying them. 

Here is an example of the words that I cut apart for the students to sort and place on the blank sheet above.



Here are some examples of the word sort activity for grades 3-5. There are 12 categories of vocabulary for this word sort.








 Thanks for visiting my blog today. If you have any further questions about this product, email me at tamaraanderson.bsl@gmail.com


Tamara Anderson, Ed.S., CCC-SLP
Speech Language Pathologist


No comments:

Post a Comment