Sunday, January 12, 2014

Winter Land: English/Language Arts Activities

Hello there. I hope everyone had a great weekend. I had a nice weekend and was able to spend time with my precious niece that was born last Monday. I also had time to finalize my newest speech-language therapy/educational resource: Winter Land: English/Language Arts (ELA)Activities that is available in my TPT online store here: http://www.teacherspayteachers.com/Product/Winter-Land-EnglishLanguage-Arts-Activities-1057356

There are three activities included in this packet. First, there is a Winter Land Game Board that students can play by taking turns answering speech, language, and academic related questions. My students enjoyed playing this last week with the included categorization cards. 
 





There are two levels of English/Language Arts vocabulary categorization cards included in this activity. The first is the basic level that targets Tier I or everyday vocabulary words. The second is Tier III or ELA curriculum specific vocabulary words that students are required to learn in elementary school such as types of sentences, parts of speech, and types of literature. There are a total of 32 vocabulary questions cards included. 

The first level targets questions for students in grades K-2 and the second level targets questions primarily for students in grades 3-5. However, I also suggest using the Tier I words with upper grades students as a warm up activity to help them recall the skill of categorization. Then, they can work on learning how to name vocabulary words in the Tier III categories.









The Winter Land Game Board may be used with my other TPT products such as: Winter Word Associations and English/Language Arts Common Core Standards Vocabulary. 


Thanks for stopping by! Have a great week. 

Tamara Anderson, Ed.S., CCC-SLP


No comments:

Post a Comment